Wednesday, January 31, 2007

An other cup - Yusuf Islam/Cat Steven


Gambar dari Wikipedia


Kata pengantar dari album Yusuf album yang terbaru, An other cup ...

A spiritual master received a learned man who came to gain deeper insight into the mysteries of life.

The master prepared tea. While serving the tea he began to explain, but the learned professor kept on interrupting with his own opinions. So the master poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The learned man watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself, "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," the master said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you anything unless you first empty your cup?"


Semakin sering saya dengar album Yusuf yang terbaru ini semakin takjub saya. Vokal yang sederhana, bernyanyi dengan rileks. Musik yang ringkas, bersih, dengan melodi yang kuat dan pemilihan alat musik yang mengesankan. Untuk pertama kalinya pula saya tertarik untuk mengetahui lirik-lirik lagu-lagu dari seorang penyanyi.

Apalagi melihat penampilannya di pertunjukan di Norway membuat saya benar-benar tersepona ... :) Kesederhanaan sekaligus kekuatan yang terpancar dari sosoknya, sungguh menyejukkan.

Lirik berikut ini adalah salah satu dari lagu di album terbarunya ini. Menurut saya nafas yang terpancar dari lirik ini adalah soal kesederhanaan, keinginan yang tidak muluk-muluk. Hal lain adalah meski keinginan itu ada, namun Yusuf mengungkapkannya dengan cara yang positif ...

Hmmm ... bikin hidup ini terasa semakin indah dan patut untuk selalu disyukuri ...

Maybe There's a World

I have dreamt of a place and time,
Where nobody gets annoyed,
But I must admit I'm not there yet
but something's keeping me going

Maybe there's a world that I'm still to find
Maybe there's a world that I'm still to find
Open up o world and let me in,
Then there'll be a new life to begin

I have dreamt of an open world,
Borderless and wide
Where the people move from place to place
And nobody's taking sides

Maybe there's a world that I'm still to find
Maybe there's a world that I'm still to find
Open up a world and let me in,
Then there'll be a new life to begin

I've been waiting for that moment
To arrive
All at once the palace of peace
Will fill my eyes - how nice!

Maybe there's a world that I'm still to find
Maybe there's a world that I'm still to find
Open up o world and let me in,
Then there'll be a new life to begin

I've been waiting for that moment
To arrive
All at once the wrongs of the world,
Will be put right - how nice!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pak Zuki, maksudnya Yusuf Islam kan?...

Maaf aku baru sempat mampir... masih agak batuk2 gurun..he.he..

Diah Utami said...

Perenungannya dalam nih... Bercermin dari tulisanbang Zuki, saya jadi malu hati. Belakangan ini sedang suka (lagi) ndengerin lagu-lagu pop dari The Corrs. Lagi melankolis aja, saya kira. Mesti lebih peka dengan sekitar dan 'maksa' untuk melepas rasa self-oriented. Terima kasih untuk perenungannya ya bang.

Anonymous said...

^_^
saya mau denger dong mp3 nyaa..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.